Friday, January 13, 2012

Baking Babka

Chocolate, lots of chocolate.

1 lb into chopping ghana 65% chocolate I wondered what I'd gotten myself into.

I'd been eyeing this babka recipe for years but had never gotten around to making it. It's rich (5 sticks of butter!). It's expensive (really good chocolate). It's daunting for a lot of reasons.

Well, this week I finally got it together to make it.
I chopped.

I blended with butter (and cinnamon).

I kneaded. I spread. I rolled.

I twisted (and shouted!).

I made....babka!


Neither Alex nor I have had babka before so we don't have much to compare it to. However, we've got a friend whose grandmother made it on a regular basis and he said it was a bit dry (I overbaked it) but other than that, spot on! 

Til next time, babka.

No comments:

Post a Comment