Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Gu's Bistro

We recently went to Gu's Bistro, per recommendation of Chow Down Atlanta (my favorite Atlanta food blogger... this girl finds great stuff). The name is a funny combination of Chinese surname and French-style restaurant but the food is all Szechuan.

We started with Chengdu Style Cold Noodles. They were a good appetizer, but the most uninterested dish compared to what came next.
 Hot and sour fish soup was my favorite. Peppery and with that perfect cornstarch muddled consistency, I was in heaven.

Cumin lamb was another win.

Fried shrimp with fresh cilantro (whoops on the picture).

Sauteed snow pea leaves, a special that day. Fresh, lightly stir-fried in garlic, it was all I want out of my Asian vegetable dish.

This is a place we'll definitely return to.


Gu's Bistro
5750 Buford Hwy NE, Suite A
Doraville, GA 30340

No comments:

Post a Comment