Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Yum


This weekend Several weekends ago, i got to try out some new recipes as well as some tried-and-true favorites.  Then my computer had an unfortunate coffee-related incident and my posting has gotten severely backed up!  Hopefully I'll be back on track this week - there's so much neat stuff to share!

I'd been eying Cook's Illustrated's Chicago pizza recipe since the Jan/Feb 2010 issue arrived.  Alex and I are heading back to Chicago for a quick weekend next month so this was a great way to get excited.
pre-bake

post-bake

olive

left to right: pepperoni, olive
buttery crust


First ice creams of the season!

Something old... (no pic, we ate it all!)
and something new.


coconut saffron ice cream with mango
Also made: basil ice cream with candied lemon peel and classic vanilla with chocolate chips, all courtesy of The Perfect Scoop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment