Friday, April 29, 2011

End of the week tidbits

Friends and family, I hope everyone has had a lovely week and survived the recent raging storms unscathed.  A few photos from the past few days before the weekend...

I finally made this sardine recipe and it was so easy and so good I'll definitely be making it again.  And with Dekalb so close and inexpensive (2 fish for a dollar!) there's not reason not to.

Random but surprisingly awesome lunch.  Fried egg on rye, topped with bacon jam from Yeah Burger and vidalia onion mustard.  Pickled green beans on the side.

Finally cleaned my desk!  Picture composition kind of sucks, but I'm still amazed that I can see the top of the table again.  Mid-century chrome lamp recently purchased at Decatur Estate for $19 (score!).

As its the end of the semester, we've been bouncing around different area coffee shops to get work done.  My new favorite is Parish, which our friend Adam had recommended to us.  With its ample seating, decent coffee & baked goods, reasonable pricing, not-overwhelming music, and brightly-lit outdoor space and open air feel... well, obviously I'm a fan!  Also, its kind of tucked away off Highlands so you don't get any street noise or distracting traffic.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment